[wp-hackers] repeating fields in usermeta?

SoJ Web sojweb at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 16 16:28:13 GMT 2009

This could end up being useful for me, too, so I submitted a patch to
an open ticket on the subject: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7540

The get_usermeta function could return an array of multiple values,
but there didn't seem to be a way to set multiple values. I added a
add_usermeta function (basically a copy of add_post_meta), and
modified update_usermeta to allow for modification of value with same
keys (in a way similar to update_post_meta). Behavior shouldn't change
for current code. It seemed to work okay for me and what I'm doing,
but I might not be considering all cases.

-Jeff