[wp-hackers] Running WordPress on SourceForget.net?

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 27 15:54:59 GMT 2008

Is anyone running WordPress on SourceForge?  I have had a WordPress
installation for a while to document the development process of a plugin I
am working on and it has always had some oddities but now a lot of stuff
doesn't work and it isn't obvious to me why.  SourceForge recently updated
PHP from 4.3.8 to 5.2.6 and changed some of the ways you access the web and
shell services.  I have never been able to get Akismet to work, it tells me
it can't communicate with the Wordpress.com API.  Now I can't upload images
either even though I have set the permissions to the upload directory to
777.  Very odd - anyone else run into this?  If so, how did you solve it?  I
am think of taking my site elsewhere and simply setting up a redirect on
SourceForge if I can't figure this out.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh -- mike_walsh at mindspring dot com