[wp-hackers] Proposal: standardize plugin-data path

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Sep 26 18:24:57 GMT 2008

By the year/month thing, I mean that the upload dir automatically
appends the year/month folder names if that option is enabled.
However, that just shows what I get for not paying attention.
wp_upload_dir() returns an array, not a string. And that array
includes both the directory with and without those folders attached.

So, the *real* correct answer is:

$wud = wp_upload_dir();
$your_upload_dir = $wud['basedir'] . '/your_plugin_name';

:)