[wp-hackers] slashes in custom field input

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:02:58 GMT 2008

Glad I'm not the only one up at this hour. Here's a better rundown of it:

In a post, I add this as a custom field:
This, "that," and 'the other.'

After I click "Add Custom Field" and the field moves up to the list of
already added fields, it appears like this:
This, \"that,\" and \'the other.\'

Outputting that content as a meta field in my post -- utilizing
attribute_escape() to preserve the quotes -- I get this:
\&#039;the other.\&#039;" />

Which is fine, of course, except for the slashes which were never
removed. I know I can easily strip slashes in my template file, and I
can also easily remove them from the custom field after the initial
adding of it.

However, it just seems like they shouldn't be present at all after
pressing "Add Custom Field." Subsequent edits of the custom field
doesn't generate any extraneous slashes, after all.

--
Rick Beckman
http://rickbeckman.org/