[wp-hackers] wp releases : is it planned in any way ?

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:32:55 GMT 2008

2008/9/12, Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name>:
> Ah, I like to think of the WordPress API as a black box in which my
> solutions do not involve modifying the core purpose of WordPress functions
> to serve my ends. In programming, you are not always going to have the
> advantage of being able to modify the library for which you use, therefore
> it makes for almost disappointing practice to assume that the author of the
> library you use will bow to your will, just because it will make your life
> easier.

While open source software is quite the contrary of a black box, I
respect the taste for challenge :)

>  After looking it over again, it would be super easy to include the taxonomy
> argument with little overhead and increase the power of a few relatively
> general purpose functions. I can then agree that I should withhold further
> judgment until I see a patch for which to critique. It is not the way I
> would have went about solving the problem if it was me, but I forget not
> everyone is a fan of torturing themselves.

Don't torture yourself. Leave that pleasure to others :)

More seriously, I kind of expect the author of the library (generally
speaking) to include all the necessary filters and actions.
Application of filters in WP functions is not systemic which is
sometimes regrettable.