[wp-hackers] Form in metabox, like Custom Fields

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Thu Sep 4 14:58:47 GMT 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:40:26 -0700
Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> Are you trying to create a meta box in general?
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_meta_box
>
> Or specifically an AJAX-powered one like the Custom Fields one?

An AJAX powered one like the Custom Fields.
What I created works and is AJAX. When I hit the submit button it calls
the function my_metabox, or rather the function
on_wp_ajax_my_metabox as specified in the add_action call,
add_action('wp_ajax_my_metabox',
   array(&$this,'on_wp_ajax_my_metabox) ) ;

That function does some output and that output is displayed without a
page refresh.

I'm just curious how the Custom Fields works and if I can use that kind
of implementation in my own metabox.

P.S.
I apologize for sending it twice, I had PGP/Inline in the previous one
and I'm not sure if everybody can open it.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98
Blog: http://blog.avirtualhome.com