[wp-hackers] Is there a framework for auto-suggest for plugins?

Michael Harris harrismw at huridocs.org
Thu Oct 23 12:41:28 GMT 2008

Thanks Austin (second time you've answered a question for me, I may have to
put your name in the readme, as well as the source code). Except, well, I've
looked through it and I can't work out how WordPress is doing it. I'm not a
JavaScript expert (and that's part of the problem).

I can get it to work in a stand alone file (which means that the word list
file is actually working), however, as soon as I dump it into the editor
page (using the plugin), it doesn't work.

Also, the tags part of the page doesn't include any JS at all, I assume that
it is hooking into the ID for the <p> tag ("jaxtag") except, well I can't
see any of the ids for those elements anywhere I look.

I'm going crazy...

Michael.

P.S. I've taken so long to reply due to not being able to get it to work.

http://www.vulgarisoip.com/2007/06/29/jquerysuggest-an-alternative-jquery-based-autocomplete-library/