[wp-hackers] admin-ajax.php and $_GET?

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:25:50 GMT 2008

Was it a conscious decision to limit the action hook in admin-ajax.php
to $_POST vars only?

	do_action( 'wp_ajax_' . $_POST['action'] );

Or could we just as easily do something like this:

	do_action( 'wp_ajax_' . ( $_POST['action'] ? $_POST['action'] :
$_GET['action'] ));

We probably can't/shouldn't use $_REQUEST in this context, as cookies
have precedence, but the above would make something I'm working on now
a lot easier.

I'd probably just work around it, but seeing that the "ajax-tag-
search" action uses a GET suggests there can't be too many arguments
against GET.

--Casey
http://about.Scriblio.net/
http://MaisonBisson.com/