[wp-hackers] WP Theme Directory Submission Restrictions

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:00:01 GMT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> It also makes things super slow as the browser now has to individually
> load every one of those files when the page is loaded.
>
> Please, stop doing this. It's not clever, and it's a little bit
> annoying. A well designed theme should have one and only one CSS file.
> It's acceptable to have extra files like that only when you're doing
> advanced theme control, like changing header colors and such via the
> theme's administration page.
>
> -Otto

I don't agree, just as I don't agree that all proper C programs ought
to have all of their code in a single .c file with nary a #include to
be found.  CSS is coding, thus modularization and code reuse are just
as valid in its context as they are in Java, PHP, C, et al.

I don't want to include the contents of my reset.css in every stinking
CSS doc that I author.  It's inefficient, it's messy and it leads to
all sorts of nastiness down the road.
--
-Doug