[wp-hackers] Post/Page "Types"?

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bentrem at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 05:34:09 GMT 2008

Mike Schinkel of mikeschinkel.com wrote back on 1NOV08:

> for example say I could create a "company" post_type and store in
> the "wp_posts" table but as a "company" and not as a "post" or
> "page" yet I'd still be able to use features like categories
> and tags. Further I'd want to define custom fields that would
> apply to just each company (like "CEO name", "Phone Number",
> etc.) and then be able to create a theme template that would apply
> to a company and a URL that would apply to a company.
> What are your thoughts on this?  Is anyone trying to address this
> with any of the existing plugins and/or with future plans for WordPress.

Mike, what I'm trying to do is quite different, but I wonder if the fix
might be related.

In my situation off the shelf WP + plugins does 99.5% of what I need.
But that .5% is non-negotiable.

I need to have a small set of custom pages.
And custom templates don't cut the mustard.
I need those pages to have their own head sections.
(I've read that there are ways of pushing JS and CSS into them using DOM
... black magic if ever I've hear of any!)

So not sure ...
... I'll be pursuing this on my own. (Using WPMoo but I don't think
that's too significant.)

cheers
ben