[wp-hackers] Keep local DB in sync with remote DB

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Nov 29 19:44:11 GMT 2008

I actually have my local server set up so it uses example.local
instead of example.com.  In wp-config.php I set WP_SITEURL etc., and I
keep the wp-config.php one directory up from the WordPress files.  The
local and "live" wp-config files aren't synced, but everything else
is.  Works perfectly for me.  No extra code needed.

On another note: I keep my wp-content in a separate place too, so when
upgrading I can completely wipe the wp/ directory and upload the new
files.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider