[wp-hackers] Comment vs. trackback?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Nov 21 15:21:38 GMT 2008

Hi all --

I have an anti-spam plugin that hooks all incoming comments with this:

	add_filter( 'preprocess_comment', 'myplugin_process' , 1 );

Basically the commenter has to answer a simple question in order to
comment.  if the answer is wrong, I send a wp_die() with an "oops"
message.

The problem is that it appears to be blocking trackbacks as well --
but I'm not positive.

So... Questions:

1) Does the preprocess_comment hook affect trackbacks as well?

2) What would be the best way for me to limit the "test" so that only
comments are affected?

Thanks,
Stephen

--