[wp-hackers] Select Menu to filter results by Custom Values

Kelter-BadCat Design kelter at badcat.com
Wed Nov 19 19:39:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get WordPress to return a dropdown
list (a SELECT MENU - similar to how we use
"wp_dropdown_categories") of VALUES for a
particular custom KEY that I've entered in the
Custom Field.

I'd like to use this dropdown list as a way to
filter the results (a listing of posts) shown on
the page.

I tried approaching it like thisŠ

< ?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'time', $single = true); ? >

or

< ?php $key="time"; echo get_post_meta($post->ID, $time, $single = false); ? >

Whereas "time" is the Custom KEY. Additionally I
need the VALUES in a Select Menu so I can run the
filter via a form element.

Can anyone point me to any examples or possibly
something on the WP Codex? Seems like all
functions try to point me to "Post specific"
solutions.

thanks!