[wp-hackers] Re: Bad assumption on creation of ABSPATH

mpwalsh8 mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 14 13:55:04 GMT 2008

On Nov 14, 12:21 am, Ryan McCue <ryanmc... at cubegames.net> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> >    * Makes being compatible with Windows hosts that much harder.
>
> Huh? Forward slashes work fine on every Windows host I know of. Windows
> itself translates forward slashes to backslashes (or vice versa, I don't
> remember) internally.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I ran into one situation where Windows wasn't dealing with them
correctly but I don't recall the exact details and I had to do all
sorts of goofy manipulation to map and escapes the slashes properly.

Regardless, PHP defines a constant (DIRECTORY_SEPARATORY) which is OS
specific.  If this was used instead of hard-coding '/', wouldn't it
address the original problem?

More PHP constants at:  http://us2.php.net/manual/en/reserved.constants.php

Mike