[wp-hackers] WP vs WPMU?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 21:56:44 GMT 2008

Krusty Ruffle wrote
>> WordPress MU doesn't like the www subdomain, it has to be able to access
the site at the base domain name to install, or at least it did when I tried
to install it on a test server a few months ago. This is not a problem on a
propperly configured server but is something you might want to keep in mind.

Thanks. Ironically I thought about not included the WWW in my email but
decided to for clarity (to point out it was a generic subdomain.)  We may
not use WWW.  I've actually studied the whole issue at length having once
put a lot of time in this blog: http://blog.welldesignedurls.org and there
are many pros and cons in general to both using and not using WWW.

Not sure which we'll use but I'll be sure to test it.  Thanks for the heads
up.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com