[wp-hackers] Post/Page "Types"?

Malaiac malaiac at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 12:53:07 GMT 2008

http://www.zelist.net/what-is-zelist/screenshots/en/

> Let me see if I understand by giving an example. Are you saying that I can't
> create a list of categories like "Startup", "Growth", and "Mature" that
> would only apply to my custom post_type "Companies?"
>
> Okay, that's fair. I was planning to use tags for categorizing and create a
> plugin where I could list of the tags that would apply. Do you think that
> won't work?

It depends if you need to manage separately posts and 'custom_posts_type' items.

If you need separate taxonomies (zeList was created with a classic
magazine+directory on the same website and the same WP installation
point of view), you're up to some dirty work :)

If not (category 'Growth' features both Posts and Custom), it may work
with some heavy filtering (ie including 'post_type' = 'custom' in all
queries), and / or some trust in end users (since every "item", post
or custom, will be subject to the same process)