[wp-hackers] Plugin uninstall/deactivate in 2.7 vs 2.6

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Nov 2 01:44:17 GMT 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:09:32 +1100, A Walker <photofantaisie at live.fr>
wrote:

> In case I haven't explained myself very well (probably not, lol) the
> idea is to only register the deactivation hook if the plugin is
> installed on WP 2.6 and below.
>
> I'm scratching my head on this, and if anyone can point out where I've
> overlooked the obvious - please do! Thanks!  :-)

If i'm understanding correctly, You're trying to work out how to only
register a deactivation hook for WP < 2.7? ie. to replace the uninstall
functionality?

If so i'd do this:

if ( function_exists('register_uninstall_hook') )
     register_uninstall_hook('myplugin_uninstall');
else
     register_deactivation_hook('myplugin_deactivate')