[wp-hackers] Need code syntax highlighting plugin testing/feedback please

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Fri May 30 08:37:58 GMT 2008

If anyone's looking for something to do, I'd appreciate this plugin being
tested, especially by those using TinyMCE:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/chili-code-highlighter/

It's similar to the SyntaxHighlighter plugin I helped write (
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/syntaxhighlighter/ ) but it uses WP 2.5
shortcodes (with some hackery for pre-10 running) and a jQuery plugin called
"Chili" which is crazy fast. Chili also doesn't require invalid XHTML,
unlike SyntaxHighlighter which does sadly.

It does lack the cool line numbering, etc. of SyntaxHighlighter, but it
wouldn't be too hard I'd image to extend this plugin to add that if it
becomes a majorly wanted feature.

I have yet to port over the kses handling (so users without the
unfiltered_html cap can post code), but the rest should hopefully work fine.

I'm also all ears on any coding ideas anyone has to offer if someone can
think of a better way to do what I did -- having my shortcode run
pre-wpautop() and pre-wptexturize() to avoid either function mucking up my
code. There are tickets open on that BTW. I also had to use some wrapper
functions so I could figure out what tag I was on (there's a ticket for that
too).

Thanks! :)

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/