[wp-hackers] Inline Documentation Effort was a Failure

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed May 28 03:39:02 GMT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 9:54 PM, Matt wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>> PHP's ability to ignore comments is *extremely* fast, and it's highly
>> unlikely that you'd notice any performance difference whatsoever.
>
> But, it's not as fast as if the comments weren't there. ;)

I think that removing the documentation from the regular download
would discourage new people who are just learning to code.  How many
people just starting out will open up a file, see a bunch of dense
code with NO commenting, and say "forget it"?

Even if it adds half a meg to the download -- is this really a
problem???

(Personally, I _still_ don't use SVN.  Too much hassle for too little
gain, IMO.)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider