[wp-hackers] Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Tue May 27 21:51:20 GMT 2008

Doug Stewart wrote:
> I hope y'all saw this and thought "Hmm, a chance to strip JS libraries
> entirely out of the equation":
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/
>
> Thoughts?  Applicability to core WP?  I see a good deal of utility
> there, meself...

That seems like a good idea for a single site, where the admin can
customize, update, maintain it as needed. Not sure about all the
WordPress installations.

Also there's the Google Gears support in core now, eliminating even the
head requests when loading cacheable files and letting them being
refreshed easily. This improves page loading speed a lot, especially
when Internet is slow.