[wp-hackers] PHP IDEs

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sat May 24 05:28:52 GMT 2008

What do you want out of an IDE?

Because if you don't need debugging (i.e. with XDebug) then
Dreamweaver isn't a bad code editor. The FTP and site management tools
are actually pretty good. The code coloring and syntax highlighting
are very useable, and its code completion (of inbuilt functions - not
custom code), is not full featured, but is helpful. Download a trial
you may like it.

If you tastes in IDE is more sophisticated, then you need to get more
ram or a better JVM. Eclipse + PDT (and Zend Studio for Eclipse) are
your only other hopes. Or get a mac and use textmate, the best little
cod editor I've ever used, (though I still use eclipse to debug).

-e