[wp-hackers] i18n tools and docs for plugin developers

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Fri May 23 13:06:50 GMT 2008

Hey all,

Localization, internationalization and translations have never been
the favourite topic for plugin developers. I know preparing your code
for translation isn't an exciting routine. That's why we offer you
some help to make both your life easier and your international users
happy:

* Generate your POT file from the admin section of your plugin in the
plugin repository at wordpress.org.

* Easily add gettext domain to your __ and _e calls from the same place.

* Read the short arcticle about how to deal with internationalization
and localization as a WordPress developer:
http://codex.wordpress.orgI18n_for_WordPress_Developers

Happy internationalizing,
Nikolay.