[wp-hackers] Plugin Settings Menu Location

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Mon May 19 17:33:58 GMT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> And the *name* of the pages gives them no clues? I mean, I would not
> expect "Akismet Configuration" or "Timezone Configuration" to be about
> anything other than those plugins...

I can't help thinking that your use of 'configuration' in your example
proves a point against you. A page like "Plugins > Akismet
Configuration" really could live at "Settings > Akismet" more
logically, and it would take a lot less 'akismet's than 'akismet
configuration's to fill up the horizontal space.

FWIW, in my experience the settings page isn't overloaded by plugin
configuration pages, it's overloaded by stupid plugins that put their
'manage' and/or 'write' pages into the settings (DDFM is one that is
particularly nightmarish for example).

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org