[wp-hackers] On Subversion and 2.5.x-alpha not being in Trunk

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Fri May 16 12:33:16 GMT 2008

You're thinking branches are tags. They aren't. Branches are just that --
branches. /branches/2.5 contains the latest alpha code in the 2.5 branch
(2.5.2 alpha currently which is just bugfixes and other things backported
from 2.6) and /trunk/ contains new features and such (2.6 alpha).

When 2.3 was still around, new bugfixes and such were committed to
/branches/2.3 and eventually became 2.3.3 while patches for 2.4 which became
2.5 were committed to /trunk/.

It's correct how it is.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:25 AM, John Blackbourn
<johnbillion+wp at gmail.com<johnbillion%2Bwp at gmail.com>>

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/