[wp-hackers] Possible to remove elements of 2.5 admin?

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Mon May 12 22:24:50 GMT 2008

If you really mean it - just create your own write page.
You can reuse most of edit-for-advanced - you can see which stuff should be
enqueued via admin_print_scripts (not admin_head - this is just too late...)
in post-new.php.

Since writepanel doesn't have its own hook (like add_options_page or
add_manage_page) you will need to use add_submenu_page('post-new.php',....).

Most of what you have to do is copy and paste from edit-form-advanced and
then delete what you do not want.

This is the same as costomizing edit-form-advanced, while it is outsourced
into a plugin which will make it a bit more updateproof as the plugin will
not be overridden.

But I have to admit I do not know of any way to remove the "old" write
post/page Menuentries...