[wp-hackers] RE: wp-hackers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 29

Mike Walsh mike_walsh at mindspring.com
Sat May 10 18:14:06 GMT 2008

I have been running WordPress under IIS for several sites since the 1.5
release so whoever is telling you it doesn't work is incorrect.  I have yet
to run into anything which doesn't work in core WordPress or any of the
plugins I am using.  I didn't have to do anything special.  Simply uploaded
WordPress to my hosting server via FTP, uploaded wp-config.php, and ran the
standard install process.  The whole process from downloading WordPress,
unzipping it, uploading it to the server, and running the install script
took me about 10 minutes, 15 at the most.

I run WordPress in a development area on my laptop too under Windows.  No
problems there either.  As long as PHP and MySQL are configured correctly, I
can't imagine why WordPress wouldn't work.

What kind of problems are you running into?

Mike

--
http://mpwalsh8.wordpress.com

> Hey all :)
>
> I just wanted to ask a question, so I can be absolutely clear on this.  I
> submitted a request yesterday on the wp-pro list about hiring someone to
> help with installing WordPress on a IIS system that's running PHP and
MySQL.