[wp-hackers] Re: Subscribe to Comments plugin

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Sat May 10 08:34:02 GMT 2008

Mr. Awesome wrote:
> Just was wondering, is there a database query to run to allow everyone
> that commented on a blog, be notified of new comments despite the
> plugin installation date? Like, Joe Shmoe joined in 2006, commented on
> post in 2006, but this plugin was installed today ... he'd get
> notified of new comments of a post in 2006 that he commented on ?
>
> There was this before, to allow ALL or DENY ALL comments on blog..
> with single database query...
>
> Allow ALL comments:
> UPDATE wp_posts SET comment_status = "open" ;
>
> Despite, the authors/ admins originally settings of comments on a
> post. I have posts, where users commented on, but received comments
> late.. and they don't know IF anyone commented on. I'd love to have
> it, where they'd get notifications of comments that happened in a
> "back log" so to speak. So, no matter the date of plugin
> installation... they'd get notified of comments regardless... as
> reminder...

Well, the back log idea wouldn't be possible I'm sure... but.. at least
to subscribe them to ALL post comments, or posts they had commented on
before.. so any NEW ones.. they'd get notified for.. FYI: I'd love to
see this in 2.6... rather than plugin. It would be awesome.. to have
this feature in the WordPress code from the get... but, if not
possible.. it's ok. .