[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed May 7 16:19:48 GMT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Daniel Torreblanca
<regulatethis at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I found a pretty good write up here
>  (http://drakecms.sourceforge.net/index.php?option=content&id=32&Itemid=10)
>  which works in PHP4 and PHP5. I'm willing to take a crack at this, but
>  if anyone else has already been working in this area and is close to a
>  solution then I'll sit it out. Thoughts?

Nice write up. That's more or less what I've been working on, although
I'm trying to avoid the need to hardcode the timezone strings into the
thing. Most Linux installs do include the zoneinfo database somewhere.
This works well with setting TZ, because if you set TZ to something
the OS does not understand, then you don't get the right results
anyway.