[wp-hackers] Patch to allow custom login / registration page (Trac 4478)

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Mon May 5 19:01:26 GMT 2008

I've created a patch which addresses Trac ticket 4478 (http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4478
), which allows for a custom login / registration page.  The patched
wp-login.php file loads login.php from the current theme if it
exists.  login.php consists of two functions, login_header() and
login_footer(), to be called by wp-login.php instead of the default
header / footer functions.  If there is no login.php file present in
the theme's root folder, the current login page is displayed.  The
included sample login.php should work in a wide range of themes.  You
can see a working example of the login.php at my blog (link in
the .sig).  Obviously, I'd like to see my patch applied to trunk and
included in the next release.  I'd also love some feedback as to what
can be improved and what might need to be changed to get the code
applied.

Thanks,
- Dave
--