[wp-hackers] Changing the clock format in Write > Post

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Sun May 4 08:10:12 GMT 2008

> I don't see why this
> couldn't just be a user profile option (i.e. 24-hour or 12-hour clock,
> which examples).

Because there are some people (especially Matt Mullenweg) who really dislike
options - thats why I am always trying to leve them out when dealing with
WordPress, while I myselfe would prefere adding some options.

When you go to edit the timestamp of a post, new or existing, it populates
> with a time.  If it's in the evening, it's going to be a value higher than
> 12.  The way you suggest, for people who do not want to use 24 hour time,
> they would have to select the PM option and then subtract 12 (unless you
> do
> that automatically with JS).

And they would end up with what? with the same hour and no change. If they
want to change it they could perfectly well change the hour (without doing
calculations, just select the hour you want it) and the selections (if am
doesn't apply), if they are OK with the hour and are only changing the
minute they wouldn't have to think about the hour and leave it like it is -
but hey, it's just an idea anyway, trying to avoid options since they are
officially disliked (while I do not know why and if there are possibilities
where they aren't disliked). Of course one could add an option and put out
the time fields accordingly.

In my opinion, what you're describing is horribly unintuitive.

Hmm thinking it over I admit it will be unintuitive for many. Yes the way
with the options would be better. Someone should write that patch and then
we should hope it will be added to core.

Wow this seems like a totally unhelpful and sour attitude.

Sorry, not my intention.