[wp-hackers] Strange plugin fatal error

Robert R. Marsh, SJ rmarshsj at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:42:16 GMT 2008

Out of hundreds of downloads in the last few days of the latest version of
my Similar Posts plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/similar-posts/)
I have maybe five reports of a strange fatal error that interrupts plugin
activation.

The error message is like:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare similar_posts() (previously declared in
/blah/blah/blog/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/similar-posts/similar-posts.php
:33) in
/blah/blah/blog/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/similar-posts/similar-posts.php
on line 33

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I can't see anything obviously in
common between the reporters either  -- both WP 2.3.3 and 2.5 seem to be
affected so I'm guessing I've made a mistake somewhere.

Rob Marsh, sj
http://rmarsh.com