[wp-hackers] Shortcodes and formatting

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Mon Mar 31 17:24:07 GMT 2008

Looks like this is already in trunk!  I added my comments on the ticket
(as well as another diff), but I'll put them here for anyone who cares:

I actually support a slightly different solution. I think that there are
cases where post-wpautop() is great (most of the time for me), but I can
see that there are times where you would want pre-wpautop() (especially
for the less-advanced users). We should be able to do both. I'm
attaching a patch that will allow people to use shortcodes as they
worked before this ticket (pre-wpautop), or they can use them
post-wpautop by passing a 3rd argument to add_shortcode like:

add_shortcode('googleMap', array($wpGoogleMaps, 'testTags'), true);

For me personally, the default should be the latter (priority 11), but I
thought this would have as little impact on people currently developing
for 2.5. However, if you think the default should change, I can upload
another diff.