[wp-hackers] WP internal cache?

Tim Kissane tim at timbury.net
Sun Mar 30 15:34:57 GMT 2008

I must be missing something very basic here.
WP is installed on my server (linux/apache/mysql/php).
I'm editing php theme files using vi on linux via ssh.
I make a change in the file and nothing shows in the
browser (Firefox2 & 3, Opera9). Clear the browser cache,
restart mysql, restart apache, refresh page and nothing happens!
Wtf? :(  Am I overlooking something very simple? Does WP have
some internal caching mechanism? Can I turn it off? This is
really painful! Example:

original page.php:
                <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

About page displays: About

edited page.php:
               <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
                <h1>WP is killing me!</h1>

About page displays: About

No "WP is killing me!" ever shows up. But it might if I wait until
tomorrow sometime.... arggghhh!

Thanks in advance!
Tim

--