[wp-hackers] Plugin license question

Joost de Valk joost at joostdevalk.nl
Sun Mar 23 12:55:37 GMT 2008

Hey everyone,

A plugin has to be GPL compatible to get into the WordPress.org plugin
repository right? So, if a plugin is in there, and there's no license
attached to it, can you safely assume it's GPL?

I want to know because one plugin I really like, and with me many
others, the cformsII plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cforms/

has this annoying feature of linking back to the plugin page from each
contact form instance, which I want to remove, but I can't find a
license for it.

I was wondering if anyone, preferably from Automattic ;), could have
their say on this.

Cheers,
Joost

--