[wp-hackers] Re: Form Layouts With Tables

Jess Planck jesse at funroe.net
Fri Mar 21 19:56:06 GMT 2008

That's nice!

I think parts of this discussion are "purist" notations about some
admin CSS declarations for accessible forms. You know some help to
make them purty while following section 1.3 from this "quick" guideline:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/

But since mostly all fieldsets and legends are removed from 2.5 old
plugins that followed the previous usage of fieldsets will now get the
ugly. ( You know you've done it! Copy... paste... change... tada
plugin option page )

It's not a big deal really. Solution is to provide your own css with
your settings. A little extra work that many do anyway. You might
occasionally get a plugin with colliding css, but if you are a style
purist you should do css class and id declarations unique to your
plugin.

In other words. Asking for default fieldset legend  classes and css in
the admin css files is probably just being lazy... ( I admit it! )