[wp-hackers] General consensus of "Premium Theme" concept

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:58:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:14 -0500, Jacob Santos wrote:
> I think the whole problem is that in the web environment, the terms used
> in the GPL or at least in the FAQ do not apply in the web environment,
> so there is enough loopholes to probably argue that you don't have to be
> GPL, but there is also enough language to say that you do have to.
> Either way, the GPL was not written for web or network like languages
> with some of the terms used.

The Affero General Public License was developed to fix this, but I'm not
sure if it's compatible with the GPL (i.e. copy and modify WordPress
functions into your plugin).

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl-3.0.html

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/