[wp-hackers] General consensus of "Premium Theme" concept

Glenn Ansley glenn at glennansley.com
Thu Mar 20 12:58:44 GMT 2008

Thanks for the replies.
I regularly take freelance jobs for clients that involve charging for theme
/ plugin development.
The reason I asked this question was to get a feel for buisness models like
wpremix_com, premiumthemes_net, or premiumnewstheme_com (of which I have no
affiliation).

Part of me wants to capitalize on such a model, the other part of me wants
to avoid it altogether and generate revenue on donations or requests for
proposals from the traffic.

I guess it all goes back to what one's primary goal for developing under the
WP platform is: money or contribution to the community. Maybe it's not so
black and white, but thanks for the responses anyway.

Glenn