[wp-hackers] OT: htaccess and two domains...

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:39:11 GMT 2008

For all you htaccess gurus out there, here's one for you... How can you
get TWO domains, to act as one, depending on the one you land on? Like...

If user Joe comes in on your domain.COM domain, at like. ..
domain.com/?p=2 and then you'd want to have the .NET work and take user
Joe to the same place, just on the .NET, like such: domain.com/?p=2 if
user Joe went there, he'd be getting the same posts, pages, etc etc
without getting 404s and etc. Without mirroring and all that too... When
I had my old host 100megswebhosting.com... they did it for me.

I had TWO domains, taking people to same place... and no matter which
one they landed on, it was at same place, acting like normal blog
without 404s...

domain1.com/?p=2 user got post 2
domain2.net/?p=2 user got post 2 same as they would on domain1.com/?p=2

I hope this isn't confusing... but I got back my original domain:
vindictivebastard.com and instead of having it redirect to the .NET, I'd
like the .NET and .COM acting together as one blog, just two separate
domains.