[wp-hackers] Revision Control in Post?

Paul Menard paul at codehooligans.com
Tue Mar 18 20:24:45 GMT 2008

Akeda,

I am just wrapping up a plugin that works with modern versions of
WordPress. It's based on an old Blicki (Blog + Wiki) plugin originally
developed from the guys at Automattic. There was also a plugin called
WP-Verioning (http://watershedstudio.com/portfolio/software/wp_versioning.html
). Again this was a very old plugin that appear to no longer bee
supports.

I've tested it with version 2.3.1 forward (have not tested under 2.5).
Unlike the Blicki and WP-Verioning plugins that created separate DB
tables to store the information I'm using the wp_posts table and
keeping the versioned item as a special post_type. It appears to be
very stable. The Versioned items appear on the post/page editor
screens. Each revision has a link to view (similar to Preview) the
revision in the theme. Also there is a link for each revision to load
that previous version into the editor. From here is can be saved and a
new Revision is created.

If you would like try the plugin I'll be glad to send it to you. I had
a few more 'features' I'm wanting to add this weekend before posting
it officially to the repositoory.

Paul Menard