[wp-hackers] Re: Adding custom buttons to TinyMCE v3.x

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Mar 13 23:20:59 GMT 2008

Sabin Iacob wrote:
> Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:
>> So, are you (Andrew/Alex/Sabin/???) done with this article now?
>>   http://codex.wordpress.org/TinyMCE_Custom_Buttons
>
> I would prefer it less bloated than it currently is, with all the
> useless information stripped (which is why I didn't paste the code from
> the thread), and without the content duplication; but then again, I may
> be biased, since now I already know how to do things :D

I see what you are saying... but articles on the Codex are generally
of a "tutorial" flavor, so I think I prefer to leave it as is. The
information that you think is useless would, I think, be pretty useful
to someone who hadn't written an MCE plugin previously.

I guess I am not sure why someone who already knew how to make an MCE
plugin would read this article anyway. Someone who just wants to know
how to upgrade from 2.3 to 2.5 should be reading this article instead:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Migrating_Plugins_and_Themes

Though maybe the "migrating" article is missing some needed code
samples in the MCE section? You can definitely put your streamlined
code samples, or the ones in the other article, here if so.

     --Jennifer
--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software