[wp-hackers] Re: Browse Happy + IE7

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:24:30 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:45 AM, Aaron Harun <admin at anthologyoi.com> wrote:
> Would you let just anyone put anything into your pet project? I doubt
>  it. Open source just means you are free to take the source code and do
>  what you will, not that the original authors have to actually listen
>  to your opinion.
>
>  Making a project open source does not make it a democracy.

Definitely right. The baseline is, a project is for owner's need. If the owner
doesn't use or need the software, then that person won't be maintainer or
in charge of the project at all.

If users disagree with decision from those in charge, there are only a few
options left:

1. Tolerate and accept what is fed into your mouth
2. Fork the project
3. Switch to other similar solution

Abel

>  On 3/13/08, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  On 13 Mar 2008, at 14:38, Chris Poteet wrote:
>  >
>  >  > They're are to many "Howdy's", XFN, and Browse Happy "pet projects"
>  >  > that have made their way into the core.  Why not just adopt the "Go
>  >  > PHP5" one while we're at it?
>  >
>  >
>  > Why not? Because the dictator doesn't like it. If Matt doesn't like
>  >  something, it doesn't get in. It's as simple as that. No-one else has
>  >  any say about what happens with WordPress.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  --
>  >  Geoffrey Sneddon
>  >  <http://gsnedders.com/>
>  >
>  >
>  >  wp-hackers mailing list
>  >  wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
>  >

Abel Cheung (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1 41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF