[wp-hackers] Custom DB error page

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:15:36 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 17:50 +1100, DD32 wrote:
> If the default error page is served up (Why isnt it using wp_die()
>  anyway?), then the status headers are set. If the custom error
>  override page is shown, then its assumed that the override file is
>  going to take care of displaying the error, So WordPress doesnt send
>  any headers, just leaves it up to the override file.

Why _wouldn't_ a custom error page be sending a 500 error? I propose
that we set header('HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error') before we call
the custom error page, and then if they want to override it, they can,
by using a second header('HTTP/1.1 200 Happy As Larry') call.

--
Jeremy Visser                                 http://jeremy.visser.name/

()                           ascii ribbon campaign — against HTML e-mail
/\                                               http://asciiribbon.org/