[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Jess Planck jesse.planck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:01:31 GMT 2008

Fully scalable web sites are not quite there yet mostly due to
unscalable images, but em and percentages have come a long way for
doing this.

Another method here could be to use jquery and the dimensions plugin,
but that adds more work. I've been playing with this technique for my
personal site to arrange sidebars based on window width. Things move
without rewrapping text as the window size increases above 1000 ( http://funroe.net
  ) this is only an experiment, so not perfect by any means.

It could be considered overkill for the Dashboard though and something
like that should degrade nicely if implemented.

Jess

      :P     -     jess planck     -     http://funroe.net