[wp-hackers] wp-filesystem

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Mar 4 11:35:47 GMT 2008

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:25:35 +1100, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Jacob Santos wrote:
>> LOL, it is funny that two people using the same host can have completely
>> different problems. I feel for DD32. However, I'm using the Private
>> Server solution, if that helps, but I've never had a problem with
>> dreamhost forcing 777, since they've always used suPHP with me.
>
> Good point, people with suPHP shouldn't have any file perm issues and we
> wouldn't need to do FTP hoops with them either.

Yup, Those with suPHP installed wont have to use FTP in the end. Right now FTP is forced to make people test it more :P

I found the dreamhost issue, Its not a dreamhost issue specifically, Rather that the code assumed the FTP session would allow access to /home/user/, Some ftp setups, such as Dreamhost, have the ftp session jailed into /home/user, So /home/user/ appears as / ('eh.. Its getting late, sorry if thats not making sense?)

Thrown a patch into the Updater ticket. http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5586