[wp-hackers] wp-filesystem

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:44:21 GMT 2008

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:25:54 +1100, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:22:41 +1100, spencerp <theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, are specific folders going to need a specific CHMOD setting prior to doing this FTP-ing?
>No, It shouldnt need to be done, Having read/write by the owner is all thats needed (644 i think)

I add myself to the discussion here to remeber to consider hosts that
have implemented method that don't need to chaneg permission cause all
the operation done on filesistem works under the same owner of the
dirs (at the moment i don't remeber how this server implementation is
called). Here in Italy has a tons of WP installation and at end of
2006 we worked toghether with them me and ryan to solve problem
uploading files cause when WP was creating myear and month directory
it forced permission and later upload didnt' works.

Some plugins has problem too, cause they check to see if a dir has the
desired permission instead to do the operation and check later if fail
or not. So please take care for this situation if not alrady
considerated.

Sorry if i was ot about the core of the thread.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it