[wp-hackers] Re: no-code-duplication i18n for WordPress

kingler kingler at 72pines.com
Mon Mar 3 23:48:19 GMT 2008

Hi, Lionel

You should probably also post this on the polyglots maillist, as that
is where discussion about internationalization happens.

>From what you are proposing here, you would like to add comments to
the directly hard-coded English texts in the WP source codes, right?
That will not affect any functionalities, but will help the automatic
build process in the Debian packaging. This sounds like a great idea.

One comment here: in WP2.5, TinyMCE strings will all be translated
using gettext, so that is one less thing to worry about.

-Liang
kingler from 72pines