[wp-hackers] GSOC Ideas

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Mon Mar 3 06:58:05 GMT 2008

2008/3/3, Jacob Santos <wordpress at santosj.name>:

>  > One more thing I haven't seen anyone bring up yet - improvements to
>  > wordpress.org.
>
> I'm working on something at the moment that I think you should add to
>  wordpress.org, but I'll have to talk to Alex Shiels first. Basically, how
>  about a continuous integrated type of system, which tracks the SVN +
>  WordPress Testing SVN to let testers know if there is any breakage.
>
>  I have a basic system in place, but it is crap. Just terrible code. I was
>  planning on improving it and I have to before WordCamp Dallas. However,
>  while I think it would be great, I'll rather get Alex's opinion on the
>  updated code (when I get around to write it).

Jacob, I think covering more of the code with unit tests and getting
the idea of testing closer to the WordPress culture would be a better
idea than a continuous integration system. There is no point of
running tests every hour if there are no, or rarely/poorly written
tests.

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.