[wp-hackers] Idea: Plugin Version Limitation

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:32:41 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Joost de Valk <joost at joostdevalk.nl> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Dan Coulter wrote:
>
> I actually think it's not a problem to put a bit bigger of a burden on the
> plugin
> authors. I think we should prevent our users from encountering ill
> maintained
> plugins... There's just no room for laziness here ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Joost

So someone who spends 10 minutes writing a simple plugin and then
uploads it to the repository for the benefit of other people, will
then be *required* to update the plugin each time a new version of
WordPress is released?

Remember, just because someone wrote a plugin doesn't mean you have
the right to tell them they must keep it updated.