[wp-hackers] Idea: Plugin Version Limitation

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Mon Jun 16 14:52:26 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> WordPress could introduce a new plugin field, "max version" or
> something similar, where a plugin can specify this as well. It could
> then keep incompatible plugins from being activated on upgrades.
>
> Discuss.

Some plugin authors (like me) are too lazy or forgetful to update their
plugin's max version when new versions of WP come out.  That doesn't mean
that they don't work, but they could get incorrectly flagged.  So my
question is this, is it better to inconvenience people using plugins that do
work fine or the people using plugins that won't work?

Discuss.

--
Dan Coulter
http://dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel