[wp-hackers] Re: Slim WordPress by way of Google Ajax API?

Jairus Pryor jairus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:37:17 GMT 2008

On May 27, 3:32 pm, "Doug Stewart" <zamo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope y'all saw this and thought "Hmm, a chance to strip JS libraries
> entirely out of the equation":
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/
>
> Thoughts?  Applicability to core WP?  I see a good deal of utility
> there, meself...

I can't be the only person here who uses WP on internal-facing servers
with no external connectivity. Regardless if it's hosted by Google or
Wordpress, tying functionality to a persistent WAN connection will
cause a lot of trouble, especially in the corporate universe.

--
Jairus Pryor
Web Coordinator and Consultant, Bank of Canada